Based on all the great feedback we received, we have built these filter and offer them on our site in 600, 400, 150, and 74 micron.
Click Here to see the selection!
We’re considering carrying a new type of heavy duty stainless steel barrel filter but want to see if there’s enough interest in it to actually build it.
Here’s what the prototype looks like:
It’s made from 400 Micron Stainless Steel Mesh. Welded to it is a circular cage with 4 hooks that allow it to sit down inside 55 Gallon Drums.
The filter is 6″ deep and about 22″ across.
– The Stainless Steel Mesh can handle extremely hot temperatures that would melt poly filters. This means it can handle heated oil (WVO), hot Biodiesel, or any other heated liquid! Wanna filter methoxide? Yep! It’ll handle that too!
– Restaurants can pour hot oil into it without melting the filter!
– The sides are made from the 400 micron mesh so this filter not only works from the bottom but up the sides as well! That means that if the bottom starts plugging up, it’ll still filter oil out the sides! Which translates into it being able to filter a lot more oil than our traditional poly filters can
– It’s made of metal! If you’ve ever torn a poly mesh filter, you know what kind of a pain it can be. With this filter, it’s unlikely you’ll tear it…because..you know…it’s made of METAL!!! This thing will outlast a poly filter anyday!
– It’s cleanable! Because it’s stainless steel, you can pull it out, flip it over, and hose it off. Heck! Throw it in the dishwasher! It’ll take it!
Thanks for the feedback! These are now available on our site!
Click Here to see them!